Thanks to the wonder of the API over at Last.fm I’ve been “running the numbers” (as it were) on my listening for 2010. It can be summarised as follows:
- January: The xx and various works by Erlend Øye. Clearly coming down from a heavy Christmas
- February: New Yeasayer! I am new again!
- March: Fang Island, you say? Dramatic! Exciting! Loud! Clang!
- April: Dangermouse is back. Broken Bells is possibly his best collaboration yet. And that whiny git from The Shins isn’t whiny anymore
- May: Dexys Midnight Runners made a third album? And it’s really good? Blimey!
- June: Kevin Rowland wasn’t weird enough. I need weirder. Ahhhh. CocoRosie – there you are
- July: New Wolf Parade! I am new again!
- August: New Arcade Fire! I am new again!
- September: Wolf Parade! Arcade Fire! (still going)
- October: Calm down. Don’t get overexcited. Ooh. Twin Shadow, that’ll do nicely
- November: WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF SUFJAN STEVENS BEFORE?!?!
- December: No. Seriously. Why? He’s been around for years. His back catalogue is massive
And my best albums of the year?